Bioinformatics Research Center was established in 2011. The missions of this center include:
· Introduction, application, and development of bioinformatics in different fields of medical sciences.
· Application of bioinformatics in different fields of pharmaceutical sciences particularly in drug design and action.
· Training researchers in different fields of bioinformatics
· Conducting joint research projects with the national and international centers of bioinformatics
· Creating a comprehensive data bank and obtaining the necessary software.